I primarily work in graphite & liquid graphite. Spending as much time as I can outdoors with nature, traveling to my favorite scenic spots I gather reference and inspiration in an effort to communicate my love and excitement for nature in hopes of inspiring others.
A portion of everything I sell goes directly to a few carefully chosen charities supporting wildlife conservation as well as rescue, rehabilitation and sanctuary. I also donate original art for auction or resale to help support the same causes.
Beginning in 2009 I have exhibited in numerous group and solo shows all over Arizona. During my years as a professional artist I have garnered numerous awards and have had my works added to private collections all over Arizona.
In 2010 my work was included in North Light Books, Strokes of Genius: The Best of Drawing. In 2016 I had work included in North Light Books, Art Journey Animals: A Collection of Inspiring Contemporary Masterworks.
In 2019 I was selected by the United States Mint as a member of the Artistic Infusion Program to create and submit new designs for circulating coins, national medals and collectible coins. Read the Press Release
I have resided in Tucson, Arizona since 1976 and consider the desert my home. I am passionate about the Sonoran Desert flora, fauna and rustic architecture as well as the rich spiritual history of the Hispanic and Indian cultures. Passionately drawn to rustic details and little nuances most people overlook from day to day. I strive to capture those details, which inspired me to draw them in the first place. Hopefully drawing in and inspiring observers to look just a little bit longer and deeper at the beauty the Desert Southwest has to offer. #ifindbeautyinthedetails
Art grows when it is shared. Do you need an artist for a project? Are you curating a show that would be a good fit for my work? Get in touch and tell me more about your project!
• 2019 Untitled Gallery - Grand Opening show with 6 fellow artists
• 2018 Degrazia Gallery in the Sun’s Little Gallery - Shared exhibition with fellow artist Joyce Blank
• 2018 Galería Senita - “#40 Coyote” was included in the art show Loteria de Tucson ~ 54 Artists Interpret the Loteria
• 2017 Arizona Sonora Desert Museum Ironwood Gallery - “Sonoran Siesta”, “Honor: life and death” & “Guardian Warrior” were juried into “Puma Past and Present” art exhibition
• 2015 Agua Caliente Ranch House Gallery - Group show “A Family Affair”
• 2013 Tohono Chul Main Gallery - “The Offering” & “Graveside Vigil” were accepted in the juried fine art exhibition Dia De Los Muertos.
• 2013 Raices Taller Gallery - “Soul Shine” & “Flor De Muerto” were accepted in the juried fine art exhibition Dia De Los Muertos
• 2013 Tucson International Airport Galleries - “Mission San Xavier Del Bac” & “Prickly Pear Bloom” were accepted in the juried exhibition Desert Southwest
• 2012 Agua Caliente Ranch House Gallery - group show “Like Mother Like Daughter”
• 2018 “Jimmy” - 5th place in the national Best of the Best of 2018 show - National Arts Program.
• 2018 “Honor: Life and Death” - second place ribbon - National Arts Program, University of Arizona
• 2018 “Jimmy” - best of show ribbon - National Arts Program, University of Arizona
• 2017 “Silent Stare” - second place ribbon - National Arts Program, University of Arizona
• 2016 ”Prickly Pear Bloom” - first Place Ribbon - Tucson International Airport juried fine art exhibition Desert Southwest
• 2009 “Pygmy Owl” - first place ribbon - Glendale Arts Council’s 46th annual juried fine arts competition
• 2009 “Horse With no Name” - second place ribbon - Glendale Arts Council’s 46th annual juried fine arts competition
• 2003 Best of Category ribbon: Pencil - Pima County Fair Fine Arts
• 2003 “Grandma's Violin” - first place ribbon - Pima County Fair Fine Arts
• 2003 “Together Forever” - second place ribbon - Pima County Fair Fine Arts
• 2016 “Horse with no Name” was included in North Light Books, Art Journey Animals: A Collection of Inspiring Contemporary Masterworks
• 2014 Featured in an artist interview with online arts journal “Sonoran Arts Network”
• 2010 “Horse with no Name” was included in North Light Books, Strokes of Genius 3: the Best of Drawing
• 2009 “Harley's Lighthouse” was published in 2009 issue #68 of International Artists Magazine, after winning “Draw Harley Brown’s Last Photo” contest
To help support my art supply habit, I have been gratefully employed as a professional Graphic Designer since 2004. To stay in touch with nature and contribute to their conservation efforts I volunteered with the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum's Raptor Free Flight program for several years as a Raptor Handler. One of the best experiences of my life!
• Full range of conceptual design skills and up to date software knowledge.
• Strong artistic aptitude and illustration skills.
• Strong organizational, time management, and communication skills.
• Consistently reliable and detail oriented.
• Positive team player known for contributing effective, creative solutions.
• Ability to give and embrace constructive criticism while working in a team environment.
• Adobe Creative Suite~ Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, Microsoft Office Suite.
• Comfortable using servers, internet, FTP uploading, scanning, photography, basic HTML and web design, Macintosh and Windows platforms.
• Skilled in illustration in many mediums and styles including: Digital, Graphite, Ink,
Watercolor, Markers, & Colored Pencil.
2012 - Present University of Arizona
Essential job duties include but are not limited to:
• Custom signage design, consulting and estimating for campus wide customers.
• Design and create building identification signage, window and wall lettering and graphics, building maps and directories and ADA- compliant signage for the University of Arizona campus.
• Custom banner design and printing, name plate & name tag engraving for campus wide customers.
2010 - 2012 Car Wash Partners Inc.
Essential job duties included but were not limited to:
• Design advertisements, promotional collateral, coupons, marketing materials, and signage for Mister Car Wash. A large national car wash chain with over 95 locations.
• Set up all designed materials for production, working directly with printers and vendors.
2004 - 2010 Colorbök - Gift and Stationery
Senior Graphic Designer
Essential job duties included but were not limited to:
• Interim Design Manager for 7 months in 2007.
• Design and develop innovative gift and stationery products and packaging from concept to print production for major retailers under extremely tight deadlines.
• Coordinate and delegate workload to designers and freelance designers to meet multiple project deadlines on assigned projects.
• Generate plan-o-grams and schematics for sales meetings and trade shows.
• Work closely with product management to ensure design work meets cost targets.
• Determine creative direction by selecting color palettes, artwork, and themes, and generate new and original art and ideas on assigned projects.
• Maintain technical and market knowledge by attending workshops, reviewing professional publications, and studying trends and competition.
• Maintain several license accounts including Crayola, Hershey & Hasbro.