Born in Kittery Maine (1964) Jennie was raised in an artistic family where art was ever present and highly encouraged. She started drawing at a very young age and through years of practice and study it has grown into an undeniable passion. Jennie has worked as a professional Graphic Designer since 2009.
A reflection of her experiences and life adventures she generally uses only her own photo reference to complete her work. Spending as much time as she can outdoors with nature, traveling to her favorite scenic spots, she gathers reference and inspiration in an effort to communicate her love and excitement for nature in hopes of inspiring others. Her enthusiasm and passion for art and nature is contagious.
Beginning in 2009 Jennie has exhibited in numerous group and solo shows all over Arizona. During her years as a professional artist Jennie garnered numerous awards and has had her works added to private collections all over Arizona.
In 2010 her work was included in North Light Books, Strokes of Genius: The Best of Drawing. In 2016 her work was included in North Light Books, Art Journey Animals: A Collection of Inspiring Contemporary Masterworks.
Jennie has resided in Tucson, Arizona since 1976 and considers the desert her home. The beauty of the Southwest‘s flora, fauna, architecture & culture is ever present in her detailed drawings. After volunteering at the Arizona Sonora Desert Museum’s Raptor Free Flight for 3 years, raptors and birds of all species have begun to work their way into her art more prominently. Honing her drawing skills strictly working in graphite for many years she has recently begun experimenting with new mediums and styles as a way to grow as an artist and explore new artistic landscapes and spiritual callings.
Born August 29, 1964- Kittery, Maine
• AA 2004 Graphic Design, Pima Community College- Graduated with high honors
• 2004 – 2008 Pima Community College – Watercolor 1, 2, 3, The Business of Art 1
• 2004 – 2008 Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum Art Institute – Drawing 2, 3 – Colored Pencil 1,2,3,4 – Portraits in oil
SHOWS • HONORS • AWARDS
• 2017 – “Silent Stare” won a second place ribbon in the National Arts Program at the University of Arizona
• 2016 – “Horse with no Name” was included in North Light Books, Art Journey Animals: A Collection of Inspiring Contemporary Masterworks
•2016 – #42 La Calavera” was included in the Galería Senita juried art show – Loteria de Tucson – 54 Artists Interpret the Loteria
• 2014 – Featured in an Artist Interview with Online Arts Journal “Sonoran Arts Network”
• 2014 – “Robin’s Nest” & “Red Tail Hawk” were accepted into the Raices Taller juried fine art exhibition Mujeres, Mujeres, Mujeres for April/May
• 2014 – Group show “ A family Affair” – Juried in to Agua Caliente Ranch House Gallery for Jan 2014.
• 2013 – “The Offering” & “ Graveside Vigil” were accepted in the Tohono Chul juried fine art exhibition Dia De Los Muertos. Both pieces sold!.
• 2013 – “Soul Shine” & “ Flor De Muerto” were accepted in the Raices Taller juried fine art exhibition Dia De Los Muertos.
• 2013 – “Mission San Xavier Del Bac” & “ Prickly Pear Bloom” were accepted in the Tucson International Airport juried fine art exhibition “Prickly Pear Bloom” won 1st place.
• 2013 – “Pygmy Owl” was accepted into Raices Taller juried fine art exhibition Lluvia de Vida (Monsoon) for June/ July
• 2013 – ” Prickley Pear Bloom” & “Mission San Xavier Del Bac” were accepted into the Tucson International Airport juried fine art exhibition Desert Southwest for June/October “Prickley Pear Bloom” was awarded a First Place Ribbon
• 2013 – “King” was accepted into the Raices Taller juried fine art exhibition Mujeres, Mujeres, Mujeres for April/May
• 2013 – “Pygmy Owl” & “Horse With No Name” were accepted into the University of Arizona’s, National Arts Program exhibition for March/April
• 2013 – “Whisper” was accepted into Old Pueblo Grill’s fine art exhibition for July/October
• 2012 – “Horse With No Name” & “ King” were accepted in the Tohono Chul juried fine art exhibition Horse Country: Horses in the Southwest.
• 2012 – Group show “ Like Mother Like Daughter” – Juried in to Agua Caliente Ranch House Gallery for Aug/Sept 2012.
• 2011 – “Out on a Limb” & “ Playtime” were accepted in the Tohono Chul juried fine art show “Hummingbirds”
• 2010 – “Horse with no Name” was included in North Light Books, Strokes of Genius 3: the Best of Drawing
•2009 – Won the contest “Draw Harley Brown’s Last Photo”. “Harleys Lighthouse” was published in the Aug/Sept, #68 issue of International Artists Magazine.
• 2009 – “Prickly Pear Bloom” was accepted in the Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum juried fine art show “a Closer Look at Cactus & Succulents”
• 2009 – Glendale Arts Council, 46th Annual Juried Fine Arts Competition • Awarded 1st place ribbon for “Pygmy Owl”- Pencil / Ink category • Awarded 2nd place ribbon for “ Horse with no Name” – Pencil / Ink category
• 2007 – Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum Art Institute: • Invited to hang a drawing in a traveling show at the Tucson International Airport Gallery. • Requested use of a drawing on post cards, newsletter, and signage to represent an artist’s exhibition • Requested use of several drawings in several publications, including catalogs and newsletters.
• 2003 – Pima County Fair Fine Arts: • Awarded best of category ribbon – Pencil • Awarded 1st place ribbon – pencil • Awarded 2nd place ribbon – pencil
• 2012 University of Arizona – Graphic Designer @ Facilities Management Sign Shop